Saturday, March 8, 2008

Finally a few pictures













Here's what it looked like when I got started. This is a spot that was overgrown with cannas. Couldn't give those darned things away, so they were thrown out.























And here it is now. Seedlings are getting started, and I'm ready to cover it with plastic for yet another freeze. I've been tossing a tarp over it, but the plants are getting too large for that, so yesterday I added the PVC hoops to make a little shelter for them. That'll warm up the soil, too.

No luck with plants started from seed. About half of them sprouted, and none grew. They just sit there... a month old, and still as small as the day they sprouted. I didn't have a warm place to keep them, so it turned out to be a wasted effort. I'll have to get bedding plants to catch up on the time I lost. Lesson learned.

No comments: