Monday, December 3, 2007

Blackberry bushes finally planted

This is post one of my garden blog. If you found me by chance, don't bother bookmarking, as I intend this as my personal record of my new pursuit of gardening, a pastime I once pursued passionately, but have abandoned.

My father-in-law gave me two blackberry bushes several months ago, and I have not gotten around to planting them. After another weekend of social obligations, I decided I needed to do one productive thing before work Monday, so I planted the two bushes in the back yard after our guests left, and before it got completely dark.

I did not improve the soil. I just dug a slightly over-size hole, loosened the root balls of the plants, planted, and mulched. I wish you well, little plants. You have a reputation for thriving on neglect, and I have plenty of that to offer.

December 2, 2007

No comments: